https://www.hurawalhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Hurawalhi_Aerial_2016_12_1.jpg 900 1600 Lisa /wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Hurawalhi_Logo_Landscape.png Lisa2019-12-01 00:57:542019-12-01 20:27:41Happy Birthday Hurawalhi - 3 today!
Happy Birthday Hurawalhi – 3 today!
It’s hard to believe that three years have passed since Hurawalhi Maldives Resort opened its ‘doors’ to the first guests on 1st December 2016 – it seems like only yesterday!
On this, our 3rd birthday, we are proud to share with you 10 highlights and achievements from the last 3 incredible years:
- Ecotourism has been an important thread running through Hurawalhi’s three years – from the heat recovery system and harnessing the power of the sun to building a coral nursery and working closely with the Marine Biologists – sustainability will continue to be at the heart of everything we do.
- Marine life encounters have never ceased to amaze us – whale sharks, manta rays, guitarfish, mobula mantas as well as the usual sharks, turtles and an abundance of colourful reef fish all have been seen close to the resort. Green sea turtles have nested and hatched on the island for the first time since the resort opened, ensuring the continued growth of our stunning turtle population. The marine life was also admired by guests taking part in the World’s first under the sea yoga class held at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant.
- Romance has been in the air with proposals and weddings (including some under the sea at 5.8) as well as countless other special occasion celebrations.
- Well-being of the team has been high on the agenda and the team facilities are second to none – cinema, pool, football, live-cooking stations, even a chapati machine – we believe that a happy team makes happy guests. Many of our team members enjoy sporting activities – Hurawalhi F.C. made it to the finals twice and the volleyball team won first place in the inter-resort tournament. Individual achievements are also celebrated – Rula won the award of second Best Housekeeper of Asia Awards at International Housekeeper’s Summit in Sri Lanka during HIS 2018.
- Dining at Hurawalhi has been constantly evolving with chef Warren’s all-new vegan delights at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant and his take on fast food at J.F.K. – Junk Food Kitchen.
- The Hurawalhi App was introduced to allow guests to find out what’s on during their holiday, get inspiration from our bucket list recommendations and make reservations.
- Villas have seen upgrades with pools at every Beach Villa, and catamaran nets and a bathtub on the deck of the Romantic Ocean Villas.
- 12 Awards have been bestowed upon Hurawalhi, they include: TRIPADVISOR CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE, INTERNATIONAL HOTEL AWARDS – Best Luxury Hotel Maldives & Best Luxury Resort Hotel Maldives and MATATO MALDIVES TRAVEL AWARDS – MALDIVES Winner in the category “LEADING ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT”.
- Trip Advisor,thanks to the reviews of our guests, Hurawalhi has placed constantly in the Top 10 Resorts in the Maldives.
- Guests returning to Hurawalhi is the achievement we are most proud of – we have already had almost 600 guests visiting more than once and one couple who have visited 11 times!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our guests who have spent their holidays with us here in paradise – without you, none of the other achievements would have been possible. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.